DENNA KUNDERFARENHET ÄR PRODUCERAD OBJEKTIVT AV TRUSTMARY SWEDEN AB.Läs mer
Siemens’ factory in Congleton, UK manufactures approximately half a million variable speed drives a year. The factory is filled with delicate electronic components, so a reliable ESD shoe is an essential apparel. Protecting the components from electronic discharges is, however, not enough as the shoe must also be comfy to wear throughout an eight-hour workday. This is where Sievi comes in.
When choosing the supplier of ESD shoes, the management of the factory decided to go with a supplier that already delivered shoes to Siemens’ other manufacturing plants. It quickly became apparent to have been the wrong move.
– There were quite a few complaints about the brand we initially chose as they weren’t particularly comfortable. We knew Sievi was of a more superior quality and decided to give them a go, says Senior Indirect Buyer Janet Haslam.
Employees of the factory are on their feet most of their eight-hour shift, five days a week, which is why their shoes must be as comfortable as possible.
– They cover miles and miles throughout the day, and it’s a hard factory floor. We need a shoe that can offer them the support and comfort they need.
Employees stand behind their supervisor on the matter. Production operatives Ian Arrowsmith and Daniel Shaw have been exceptionally pleased with their new footwear.
– I’ve had no problems during these 12 months I’ve worn them. When I was wearing the old shoes walking around all day, my feet would get tired. With Sievi shoes, I’ve had no problems, says Ian.
”We enjoy working with Sievi, because they provide us with an awesome support in all aspects of comfort, durability, robustness and ESD.”
– You wouldn’t think how much of a difference a shoe makes, would you? But it really does. We should have had these years ago, Daniel states.
A shoe can be comfy, yes. But can it also look good? Daniel certainly thinks so.
– They look more like trainers, and employees got to choose their preferred colour from a variety of options. We also got to try on different insoles and pick the ones that fit everyone personally.
Trainers aren’t the only shoe model the factory orders from Sievi, as the catalogue covers everything from office shoes to strong safety boots. The deepest praise, however, goes to the company’s customer service.
– Sievi’s support is second to none. They are very knowledgeable of what an individual needs, and nothing is ever too much trouble for them, Janet Haslam says.
– We enjoy working with Sievi, because they provide us with an awesome support in all aspects of comfort, durability, robustness and ESD. There is no hesitation in saying that the shoes have been a good investment. I think the longevity and quality are worth every penny, she concludes.